24 Hour Fitness Training in Austin, Texas
FREE one week trial membership and fitness assessment – or 1 FREE personal training session and nutritional consult – or -1 FREE group class or buddy workout
Increases Your Commitment
Pushes You Harder
Capitalize on Endorphins
Support & Accountability
Many of us are working hectic schedules and are unable to exercise with any regularity due to this and other commitments. By offering around-the-clock availability hours, not only can a gym member work out whenever he or she likes but it also means that everyone who had used lack of free time as their major reason not to work out will now be able to work out irrespective of their schedule. The added benefit is by having total opening hours’ increased, there are more low-volume times of the day to exercise. This gives our gym-members more of a chance to avoid busier times of pre-work, lunchtime, and post-work for those with traditional hours.
It can be very challenging to take time for ourselves in a world where getting swept up and sidetracked in the hustle and bustle of life is easy. Giving yourself the chance to come to Raw Power Gym at any hour, challenge and improve your body can do wonders for your emotional and mental wellness. Simply slowing down and placing you first for as little as an hour can help de-stress, reduce irritability, and decrease anxiety. A workout at Raw Power Gym allows you to listen to your body and fulfill its needs, whether that’s pushing your cardio, working with light weights or going hard with heavy iron.
Regardless of the time you tend to attend Raw Power Gym, know that you can do nearly every type of exercise, from getting in your cardio on the treadmills to building muscle with weightlifting, we have the machines and tools you need to create a workout that’s customized perfectly for your needs – so you’ll never feel limited. Variety is the key and makes it easier to enjoy, have fun, and get a regular workout as part of your daily routine. Switching up your exercises prevents your body from becoming acclimated to a handful of movements, which could gradually halt progress over time. A benefit in joining Raw Power Gym is that, with numerous exercises to choose from, neither your body or mind will ever get bored. This variety actually helps keep your whole body tuned with strength, accelerating your metabolism and burning more fat. Hence whether you aim to get stronger, improve your cardio or expand your flexibility, you achieve all these goals at Raw Power Gym.
5 Reasons Why Working Out with a Friend or Small Group Makes Sense
Our partner or small group training is designed for parties of 2-5 people wanting to get in shape together. Working out with a motivational partner or pack or can enhance internal or external competitive performance is fast becoming the preferred form of exercise and research shows that the healthy actions of others rub off on us. The Journal of Social Sciences published a study that found people who have workout partners gravitate towards the exercise practices and behaviors of those partners. Here are 5 reasons why working out with a friend or small group makes sense:
1) Increase your commitment to a fitness routine: Working out with a friend or small group comes with several interconnected benefits including enhancing consistency, duration, motivation, conversation and inspiration. Working out at the gym with others improves consistency fitness training because it involves a commitment. Since another person or group is aware of cancellations and “no shows” a type of positive peer pressure is helpful in curtailing any urge to skip a workout or altogether quit. The University of Pittsburgh found 95% of those beginning a weight-loss program with friends hung in there and completed the program. Staying consistent with workouts can be difficult, but having a friend or a group of friends expecting your participation provides all the accountability and motivation everyone needs to stay on track and be successful.
2) Push yourself harder: The Köhler Effect is the idea that no one wants to be the weakest link in a group setting. When it comes to fitness training, it’s the Köhler Effect you find pushing yourself further and harder when working out with others more fit than you. The Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology published a study determined people who exercised with a more-capable partner or group improved their overall performance by 24%. The Society of Behavioral Medicine concluded working out with a partner or small group increased performance by doubling the workout time as compared to those who exercised alone. It’s well established that the aim to keep up with those you’re working out with pushes you harder than you would otherwise and on your own. Seeing the performance of others can inspire you to push harder and past any mental barriers along with trying different exercises/routines. Kansas State University Researchers determined people who worked out with a person they thought was superior to them improved their exercise time and intensity by 200%.
3) Capitalize on endorphins: Working out with a partner or small group can have a couple of mental advantages over going it alone. Many people are familiar with the term, “runner’s high”, the euphoric endorphins release that all athletes including weightlifters feel upon reaching a certain exertion zone. But did you know working out with a partner or group can lead to the release of endorphins beyond just those from physical exertion? It’s true, as when you smile, your brain releases tiny molecules called neuropeptides to help fight off stress. Then endorphins are released and act as a mild pain reliever and there is research indicating smiling can speed recovery from stress! An endorphin infusion is an appreciated ‘mood boost’ when you’re pushing hard and struggling through your workout. A supportive smile goes a long way in making you feel energized, vivrant and able to complete the exercises. University of Southern California researchers determined that those working out with friends enjoyed exercising more than those going it alone.
4) Diversify your workouts: Another benefit of having a plus one or small group at the gym? Having spotters to make sure that you’re performing an exercise correctly and can do the exercises even if you are unable to complete it – safely. The addition of another person or small group significantly expands the sheer variety and number of exercises you can tackle – safely. For example, prior to hitting the iron, you might want to warm up with a “body weight squat”. Standing at an arm’s length away from your partner, face each other. Lightly grip each other’s forearms while planting your feet a little wider than your hips. Now in unison squat together. When your thighs are parallel with the floor, hold it for 3 seconds and return to the original standing position. Repeat.
5) Find support — and accountability — in being part of a team: Many people have found for themselves, the best way to workout is with a partner and or a small group setting where they are encouraged to complete that set or rep. A special bond is formed out of a shared struggle through a tough workout. When you work out with a partner or small group, often a sense of camaraderie emerges from the common purpose to be the best version of yourself. The people you work out with eventually become like family and want to see you back per the agreed to schedule creating accountability.
Circuit Training at Raw Power Gym
Regardless of level of athleticism, most people interested in fitness appreciate the many benefits of circuit training. The total-body circuit strength training style of working out delivers big results even for those with a busy lifestyle who are short on time. It’s the ultimate exercise to simultaneously build muscular strength and cardiovascular stamina. Circuit training will challenge your ability to exert total body maximum muscle strength over a relatively short period of time – which depends on the circuit designed for you.
A ‘circuit’ comprises a rotation of exercise stations with short increments of rest between different exercise stations targeting different muscle groups and intermixing body weight, weighted and dynamic exercises. Typically, circuits are made of 6–10 exercises, but this can vary based on performance and health goals, time, experience, and other factors. For example, circuits may be time based or rep based, designed for athletes promoting speed and agility whereas beginners to training are aiming to improve their cardiovascular fitness. Usually people will complete 1 or as many as 3 circuits as their workout session.
4 Benefits in Circuit Training at Raw Power Gym.
Circuit training’s popularity is rooted in it being fast paced fun which also helps in staying focused on your form and a highly effective full-body workout. Here are 5 Benefits in Circuit Training at Raw Power Gym.
1. Circuit Training Boost Metabolism
Your body will feel the metabolic boost from as little as a 30 minutes of circuit training. Switching between rapid intervals of weights and cardio — with only brief rests in between — triggers your metabolism’s burning of calories from as little as a 30 minutes of circuit training. At Harvard Medical School, they found with 30 minutes of circuit training it’s typical to burn 355 calories if you weigh 185 pounds; 298 calories if you weigh 155 pounds; and 240 calories if you weigh 125 pounds; and the bonus is in how your body will continue burn calories at an accelerated rate throughout the day.
2. Circuit Training Helps Achieve Your Target Heart Rate
Many people aim their workouts at hitting a target heart rate goal and through circuit training accomplish this in just 30 minutes. Afterall, circuit training involves completing numerous different exercises with only brief rest in between thereby elevating your heart rate. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, compared strength training bench pressing vs circuit style bench pressing. Despite performance levels remaining the same between the two styles, the heart rate for the circuit style training was consistently higher. Thus in circuit training, the heart is working harder and pumping blood more efficiently. The added benefit to this is lower resting heart rate, as the heart has been trained to pump more blood, it can beat slower yet still fulfill the body’s resting needs.
3. Circuit Training is Ideal for Beginners
Circuit training is a terrific match to all levels of people and actually an ideal program for those new to working out. Each step being planned in line with your goals means you only have to follow along but at your level. Beginners can ease into circuits starting with less time, reps, intensity, resistance or weight per exercise, and give themselves more time between exercises to recover – and progress from there. Circuit training is an excellent match for beginners because it’s functional and both trains and teaches your muscles to work together as one system with movements that assist you in daily life.
4. Circuit Training Works Every Muscle Group
From your core to your glutes and everything in between, circuit training works all of your muscle groups. You may do sit-ups, overhead presses, lunges, tricep extensions, bicep curls, and squats all in the same workout. You’re assured to work all major-and minor-muscle groups because most circuits alternate between upper-body, lower-body, and core moves thereby allowing each muscle group sufficient rest after the exercise.
Whether you’re looking to switch it up and enhance your current fitness routine or make it your primary exercise program, circuit training has some great advantages. It offers a speedy full-body workout with the benefits of building muscle and toning coupled with an intense cardio workout.
FREE 1 week membership & fitness assessment – or FREE personal training session & nutritional consult – or – FREE group class or buddy workout. Just Contact Us!